Elise M.

Elise M.
Writing Is A World On A Page

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gone by Michael Grant

Just finished Gone this morning, and I've got to say: GREAT BOOK.
Summary time!
So, everyone is just sitting there in history class, and POOF, every adult is gone. Just disappeared. So, Sam, Quinn, and Astrid go to find Astrid's autistic brother, Petey. Along the way they discover a barrier wall all the way around the little town of Perdido Beach. They're all alone. Everyone above 15 is just gone. They're trapped in a nightmarish scenario. The bullies are trying to take control, and rule over the town.  All the little kids look up to Sam. He's kind of a hero. But he's just as scared and confused as them.
^^^SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT. Come back when you've read it.^^^
Okay. Who else knew Petey was the cause of the FAYZ the entire time? That's really my only major con. It was a little bit predictable. But I thought the super-power mutations was a great twist. I started reading this thinking the whole point was the adults being gone, but the mutations really made it interesting. My only other con is really just for me, 'cause I'm a sucker for YA supernatural romance. Astrid and Sam need to have more romantic moments in the next book.  I'll get Hunger at school Monday, so hopefully I won't be disappointed.
Well, tell me what you think!
-Bookgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment